The Dutch national team did not manage to beat Estonia last Friday. This 2-2 draw was quite disappointing, as Oranje was expected to win easily. Estonia has never beaten Oranje before, and this match did not seem to be any different. Arjen Robben scored in de third minute of the match, so I expected no resistance from the Estonians. Nevertheless, they played very well and scored twice. Fortunately, Robin van Persie scored the last goal of the game, after a penalty was given. This evening, Oranje can make itself a ticket to the World Cup in Brazil, if they beat Andorra. An easy prey, but after Friday, you never know.
Caught my eye:
Real Madrid has broken its own record by buying Gareth Bale for 100 million euro. In 2009 Cristiano Ronaldo was transferred from Manchester United to Real Madrid, costing 94 million euro. Including Bale and Ronaldo, the four most expensive players ever all went to Real Madrid: Zinedine Zidane (73 million euro) and Kaka (65 million euro).
I have also seen that match, okey I just had to say that, because I usally never watch a football match.
ReplyDelete